Join us on Sunday, August 28th for our monthly OCNDS Family Zoom Meeting hosted by our Parent Advisory Board. We will discuss successes, challenges, and all things OCNDS. This meeting is only for primary caregivers, guardians, and those living with OCNDS.
We will be using AI technology for live-caption translation. Most languages are supported by this technology.
When: Sunday, August 28, 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Best Practices for a Successful Call:
1. Use a computer or laptop if possible. Works well with Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. A cell phone will make it challenging to participate because you will only be able to see the translation screen or the zoom screen but not both screens at once.
2. Speak slowly and clearly.
3. State your primary language (pause a couple of seconds)
4. To introduce yourself: please say your name, country, the person with OCNDS’s name and age, 1 challenge, and 1 success (up to 1 minute)
5. Think about what you will say before speaking to help with ease of translation.
6. Make sure you are in a quiet place so the translation technology can hear you. Try to avoid having music in the background.
7. Avoid talking over other speakers. Stay on mute when not speaking.
8. Privacy, confidentiality, and safety are of the utmost importance during these family zoom calls.
9. The meeting will last for 90 minutes.